Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Back on the List Again

It's been a few months since my last post. With work and family (baby on the way) being so busy I have allowed my self to stray from conscious thought of my list. In other words I have been in reactive mode, simply letting the ocean of life toss me this way and that, not really setting my sails and moving forward towards any certain destination.

It's true that God sends certain people into our lives at the exact moment we need them. My wife's good friend, and who as it turns out is also now my good friend, is one of those God sends. He was in town for a social media workshop last week and in the short time he was here he was able to inspire me to bring the list from obscurity on the web and put it in the forefront of my mind once again.

He simply had me print off list and go item by item to see if I could knock off a couple of "easy ones" to get some momentum going again. Within an hour I had baked a cake for Kimbra for no reason (List #23) and surprised her with it when she returned from a trip to West Texas A&M in Canyon. Within four hours I was able to check yet another item off the list by inspiring Matt Gierhart to begin a list of his own.(List #58) You can see Matt's list at www.mattgierhart.com

So thanks Drew. I owe you one. Oh, and I also decided to set for my Economic Development Certification exam in October.(List #41) Wish me Luck!

Make it a Great Day!

No comments: